Sunday, April 25, 2010

dirty laundry

i have a lot of laundry piling up in the hamper. dirty laundry. my stupid washing machine/dryer in one (it's a malber, in case you need to know what machine never to buy) breaks every six months. and sometimes it takes a month or so to fix. this would be one of those times. i called the washing machine fix-it lady (yes, it's a lady, her name is jj) at the end of march when i got back from my road trip. she came and inspected the damage. i need a new wire and sensor that controls the heating aspect of the dryer. she said their parts guy was sending out the parts that day. and she'd get back to me the following week. as i said, that was at the end of march.

today is april 25th. i have called once a week since then. the 'parts' are still not in. they have no idea when they are being sent, when they will arrive, when my machine will once again be able to do a mediocre job washing a small amount of my clothes at a time. this is ridiculous.

even more ridiculous- there is no one else in the city able to service my particular brand of washing machine (once again- it's a malber- the washer/dryer from hell). that's right. there's one company that fixes these machines. that's it. and it's apparently not a priority to them either.

luckily i have friends with their own washing machines that allow me to have clean clothes without resorting to spending hours in a smelly laundromat tossing quarters into machines that don't even do a good job.
also luckily, i have a lot of clothes :)



(note: just wanted to let everyone know the 90 in 90 is going strong! i've stepped up my gym time this week- going 4 times! but this week will probably see some more blog posts, because i have a lot of after-work social activities that will cut into my gym time. get excited! i'll try and have more exciting things to talk about than my laundry...)

No comments: