Saturday, May 8, 2010

30 Days Down

hello hello!

firstly, i would like to point out that today is May 8th. I started this blog/gym 90 in 90 project on April 8th- so that makes me 30 days in!! I can't believe i've made it 30 days! In AA/NA you get a keychain that says 30 days sober, but i will have to settle for my own pride and faith that i can do this.

this weekend i'm on long island visiting moo for mother's day. i got up at 7am (on a saturday!) to catch the chinatown bus up to NYC, then the LIRR out to rvc. I managed to make it out by 11:20am, and Caitlin picked me up at the station. We went for lunch in Malvern and had milkshakes and omlets (which sounds kind of gross but was good). Then i met up with auntie mo and we went to the framers where we arranged to have my birthday present framed (i'll post a picture once i have it up on my apartment) and ran some other errands. finally, i landed home and saw moo, uncle j and the ladies (oma and grandma norma). we hung out for a while before moo and i went for facials at the red door. i think facials may be the most relaxing things ever. we had an awesome time :)
then it was home for a home-cooked meal of chicken with cheese and peppers, rice and string beans. mmmmm. i forget that i know how to make this dish. but things always taste better when moo makes them.

now we're all sitting in the basement, watching 'the lion in winter' at a volume three times what it needs to be (and still oma will have no idea what's going on)
the rest of the fam will come over tomorrow for brunch and mother's day celebrations. oh, rvc, some things never change.


*sorry if the narration of my day is kind of boring. but it is what it is.

No comments: