Monday, June 2, 2008

No Sex in My City

So.....


I just saw the Sex in the City movie. Obviously. I went with a group of seven other girls. Of course. And I loved it, naturally. It's a really long movie. It doesn't need to be this long, and frankly they could do without the whole 'Samantha is miserable so she gains weight and the girls freak out' bit. Come on, it was kind of insulting.
I did love the Miranda/Steve plot. I cried when they reunited on the Brooklyn Bridge. Oh my god who doesn't want to reunite on the Brooklyn Bridge!! And their relationship is so much more natural and believable than Carrie and Big. Who meets and marries a big-shot financial wizard who can afford a penthouse on 5th. No. The real story is the couple who don't fit together perfectly, who have class/money/job/sex issues, who move to a suburb (even if it is Brooklyn) and have rough patches. That I would take any day.

Which brings me to the fact that I have no relationship to work on, except the one with myself (which Carrie does say in the last episode of the series is the Most important relationship...). But how much longer can I keep watching movies and tv shows about love while standing on the sidelines pretending i'm part of that world? I'm not. It's waaaaaaay on the other side of the street. And the thought of taking my feet off the curb makes me want to vomit a little bit in my mouth.

Truthfully, I may have a date on Wednesday. So obviously I don't want to go. Dating is scary. Dating is actually have to look someone in the face and say "ok, here I am. let's talk and see if this can go anywhere". To other people that is exciting or fun or whatever. To me, it's diarrhea. The thought of dating makes me feel like crapping my pants, much like Charlotte in Mexico....

Ah, perhaps that's why there is no sex in my city, and I have to settle for the movie version.

No comments: