Sunday, May 15, 2011

who told you that- your psychic partner?

guess who saw a psychic this weekend?

in order to see a psychic and pay for it and not feel like a chump, you have to suspend some disbelief and be open to the general idea of psychics and aura's and energy and people being able to tell you what might happen to you. clearly, i'm all over this idea.

so my waxer (and bff), jenne, has been recommending this particular psychic to me for a while now. she had a party where he was the main event and did readings for people- and he was a big hit. apparently he's well known in the "people who believe in psychic" circles of south philly. mhm. put that in your pipe and smoke it. his name is jimmie bay, and every second saturday he does reading at Black and Brew in south philly- which is the cheapest way to see him. so i called ahead and set up a time, and arrived at the coffee shop to see what my future has in store for me.

and jimmie was interesting. he's a short, sweet gay guy. he tells it like it is. when you sit down you write your name and birthday on a piece of paper for him- and he reads your energy in your handwriting. there's also something about your birthday and numbers and he can tell something from that- so he starts there.

apparently i'm a 2. this means i'm an extremist and i'm loyal and i'm determined, i like things to make sense and i like proof of how things work (this sounds strangely the same as if i were to look up what it means to be a capricorn, but i keep listening). apparently i have a 'scientific mind' (ummm no?). also- i have an excellent memory (well, yes, that is true). and- here's where i really started paying attention: i'm supposed to be partnered this year. apparently. so says jimmie. he said if i'm dating someone i should pay attention and get things 'in order' (in order to what?- i believe he responded "in order, like- make sure you want the same things and are on the same page"). and if i'm Not currently dating someone, i Should be. because this is an important year for me. a Year for me to Date and be "Partnered" (i could write a whole other blog on that word alone).

well, thanks jimmie. i believe i asked him "ok well where should i find him then? if it's so important?" (crickets on that one) he said any men currently in my life are noncommittal and unimportant (yes). i've had one big relationship (can we call it that really? i was so young and stupid)- which involved a lot of hurt and head games. but i'm not supposed to be alone forever! jimmie thinks i should be getting married by the time i'm 32. well, he said that i will be "settled in my relationship" by then. i interpreted that as marriage, but maybe i'll end up as one of those goldie hawn/kurt russell relationships where we are together but don't get married for years. i could maybe do that. as long as kids are involved. i definitely want kids (jimmie says kids love me- they 'fall under my umbrella'- no idea what that means, but he sees 3 or 4 in my future). also- my future life partner might be 3-4 years older than me, and have lighter hair and lighter eyes (which is interesting because i like brunettes). also- he's Short. like, 5'6" or 5'7" short. WHY UNIVERSE WHY- i am sick of shorter guys! why bother making me tall if i'm supposed to send up with a short guy? jimmie told me to get over the external because this man will treat me like i deserve to be treated- namely, like a goddess. fine jimmie, way to put me in my place.

he also picked up in the fact that i settle easily in relationships. he looked me straight in the face and said "you deserve to be loved. you need to know that. know your worth. why are you settling all the time?" well gee jimmie, get out of my head. stop reading the sign on my forehead that says "internalized low self esteem in intimate relationships" (its a long sign). i have more leg work to do before i'm ready for my forever-man, apparently. because i have to learn to put my foot down and stand up for myself and let myself be adored. oh, he also said i need to be more mysterious. to which i said "yes jimmie, but HOW", and he said "don't give yourself away so soon. keep some things to yourself". this is an interesting point- i do notice that if i like someone, i'm pretty open with them. maybe i do let people in too quickly...which can lead to disappointment and hurt. but isn't purposely staying mysterious like playing a game? i'm not good at mind games. i don't like them. plus- if i know who i am and am comfortable with it, why am i keeping it mysterious? see? this is why i have problems dating apparently. i'm not mysterious and i settle on the wrong men who aren't worth my time. even jimmie could tell. (i swear i think he was giving me a look that was like "giiiirl, no"- but maybe that was just my imagination)

i decided to test jimmie by asking about some family members- and on a few he was spot on. for instance, he knew that arielle and ben needed to "upgrade their space" before they have a baby. i didn't even tell him they lived in new york! and live in shoe box! so major points for that. also, he told me that my dad is logical and improving with age, but he disappoints because he doesn't intervene as often a he should. haha check and check jimmie. that is kind of a random thing to just pull out of the air. how did he know that? (i don't want to get into a whole diatribe on my dad- i love him dearly) i didn't want to spend too much time on family though, because- hello- i'm the one paying, focus on ME. but i did think what he had to say about family was interesting. thanks for the input, jimmie. 

he wrapped it up by telling me that i should add some freelance or consulting work to my life. now, i think this is a general thing you could say to anyone and it would likely fit, unless you're like, a barista or something. but i have been thinking about whether or not to take on some private clients. and jimmie gave me the go ahead to test the waters. we'll see where i go with this.

so- to recap. my psychic partner (jimmie) told me that i'm not going to be alone forever, that i should be dating ("you haven't gone through enough men yet- be a floozy if you need to") this year, that i am not going to be an old maid cat lady, that kids adore me, that i'm lacking mystery but i have a good memory and that i should be doing more freelance work. i think he ended by looking at me and saying "trust yourself, you're gonna be ok".
thanks for the support, jimmie. you totally earned your fee*.







*which was $40. stop judging me now. he's a psychic, he has to make a living somehow. 

No comments: