Sunday, February 1, 2009

PMShitty

PMS is a terrible thing. I know men joke about it as the reason all women are bitchy, but seriously- it sucks. and it's not something we can always control either. For instance, i thought that the pill would help my pms, and for the most part- it has. just not this month. no, for some reason, this month i've been filled with the feeling of dread that comes along with realizing you're pms-ing in a major way. i'm irritable, hungry all the time, tired, achey, lazy and feel like throwing a tantrum and flailing around on the floor. for no real reason. it's lovely. if i were in a relationship, i'm sure i would have picked a fight by now. but instead i'm just rude to my mom and not calling my sister back. i have little patience, least of all for myself. and it's not easy to irritate yourself all the time. there's no one to blame for that really. it's all your fault.

this week was very busy at work, which is a good thing- as it makes the days go by fast and i feel somewhat useful. we even had a snow day on wednesday! which was amazing and a nice rest, but by friday i was still itching for the day to end. so of course it crawled by like a drunk snail. and now it's sunday and the whole thing starts over again tomorrow. but hopefully i'll be in a better state of mind for it. pms can't last forever, right?

i'm excited for the superbowl, mainly because i associate it with eating not-so-healthy food. although, given the past week of eating i've had, i'm going to try and be good. i don't expect it to be a very exciting game, especially since the Eagles aren't in it- so i'm mainly watching for the commercials. hopefully there will be some good ones.

i got my first grad school interview letter this weekend! i have to call and set it up, but it looks like Immaculata University would like to interview me for their PsyD program. So that is exciting. what's not exciting is filling out my fafsa form, which i did today (the latest possible deadline) and wanted to pull my eyebrows out one by one, especially when my internet crashed just as i was about to finish the damn form. luckily it was easily restored and i didn't have to fill out the whole thing over again. i might have vomited out of pure anger. but that episode was avoided. thank god.

i'm now off to the gym to try and sweat my way into a better mood.
oh- and an update on the great book challenge of 2009- I've finished 'Outliers'- it was awesome. I really enjoy Gladwell's style of writing and I like how he always keeps things interesting by tying in all the randomest populations of people. It feel like good party trivia, things you can bring up in conversation and seem interesting. I bet Malcolm Gladwell is great at a party. He's actually speaking here in Philly Monday night, but I can't go :( maybe next time.
I'm almost done with 'The Boelyn Inheritance' by Philippa Gregory. It's really entertaining- but i love historical fiction. It tells the story of Henry VIII's 4th and 5th wives, told from their perspectives as well as the perspective of Jane Boelyn (George's wife/Anne's sister in law) who is a lady-in-waiting at court. And I don't know much about Henry's wives after Anney Boelyn, so I feel like i'm learning something- even if it's not all fact.
I haven't decided what book is next, but i'm thinking 'Loving Frank' by Nancy Horan. i'll let you know how it turns out...

1 comment:

blondeoverblue said...

OMFG i had ridic PMS last wk !! we are so connected.